To get started with Tailer, you can follow this tutorial to learn how to create a first data pipeline.
In this example, we want to process and analyze data from a fictional retailer called "Iowa Liquor". These data are organized in CSV files named according to a specific pattern including a timestamp, and are streamed at regular intervals into a Google Cloud Storage bucket. We'll first transfer them to a bucket located in a different Google Cloud project, load the data into a BigQuery table, and then prepare the data in order to analyze them with an AI model.
- How data flows through a Tailer Platform data pipeline
- Creating JSON configuration files for data operations
- Deploying data operations with Tailer SDK
- Checking information in Tailer Studio
- Tailer SDK installed on your local machine (see Prepare your local environment for Tailer and Install Tailer SDK)
- GCP configured for use with Tailer SDK (see Set up Google Cloud Platform) and credentials required to transfer files safely (see Encrypt your credentials)
- Access to two projects in GCP on which you have the appropriate permissions
- A terminal to run commands
- CSV files to process (provided at next step)