Comment on page
Modify files with File Utilities
Learn how to modify your raw data files across buckets using the File Utilities operation.
A File Utilities data pipeline operation allows you to modify raw data files from a Google Cloud Storage bucket: encrypt, decrypt, concat or split files.
- Encrypt a file to .gpg
- Decrypt a file from .gpg
More operations will be implemented and released in beta version.
Every time a new file matching the specified rule appears in the source directory, it will be:
- removed from the source directory,
- transferred to another directory located in the same storage, inside a folder named with the operation on the file in success,
- if options have been set accordingly, copied the modified file to an archive directory located in the same storage, inside a folder named as the filename date.
- 2.Create a working folder as you want, and create a JSON file for your data operation inside.
- 4.Access your working folder by running the following command:cd "[path to your working folder]"
- 5.To deploy the data operation, run the following command:tailer deploy configuration your-file.json
- 7.Add a file with the proper name template in the source folder.
- 8.Access your output folder(s), and archive folder, if any, to check the result of the data operation.