Install Tailer SDK
This page contains instructions for installing and configuring Tailer SDK, and logging in to Tailer Platform.
To install the Tailer SDK package:
- 1.Run the following command in Command Prompt (Windows) or in a terminal (macOS/Linux):pip3 install tailer-sdk
- 2.When the installation is done, make sure it was successful by checking Tailer SDK version:tailer version
The Tailer SDK version and help should display.
At any time, you can now display the Tailer SDK help with the following command:
When the installation is complete, you can proceed with the configuration of Tailer SDK:
- 1.To launch the configuration, run the following command:tailer config
- 2.You'll be prompted to answer a series of questions. Use the values listed in the table below. Directly press Enter if the suggested value is right.QuestionValueEmail addressProvide the email address you want to use to connect to Tailer SDK.Tailer Firebase API keyAIzaSyA_FFZmy9jZaRGVTNQuOK0mv4wDxWOKScQTailer Firebase authentication domainfd-io-jarvis-platform.firebaseapp.comTailer API Endpoint (USA)https://fd-io-jarvis-platform-api-proxy-a7nkzexitq-uc.a.run.app/Tailer API Endpoint (Europe)https://fd-io-jarvis-platform-api-proxy-a7nkzexitq-ew.a.run.app/SSL verificationSpecify if you want to enable SSL verification (y) or not (n). Default is y.Custom client SSL verificationSpecify if you want to use custom client SSL verification (y) or not (n). Default is n.Full path to the SSL certificateThis question only displays if you answered y at the previous question. Provide your custom SSL certificate in PEM format (e.g. "C:\My Certificates\cert_XYZ.pem").
- 3.Once you've answered all the questions, close and restart your terminal for changes to be implemented.
- 4.Optionally, you can set the Tailer Public key for data encryption.
Once the installation and the configuration are done, you need to log in to Tailer Platform to be able to access the Tailer API.
- 1.To log in, run the following command:tailer auth login
- 2.Provide the same email address as before as suggested, and the password of your Tailer Platform account. If you don't have an account yet, just press Enter. If you already have a Tailer Platform account, your login is successful and you can stop here. If not, follow the steps below to sign in.
- 3.Confirm that you want to create a Tailer Platform account by entering y.
- 4.Provide again the same email address and the password of your choice.
- 5.Confirm your email address by clicking on the link sent to your email address.
The account is successfully created and you're now logged in to Tailer Platform!
If you forgot your password, you can reset it with the Tailer SDK.
- 1.To reset your password, run the following command:tailer auth reset-password
- 2.An email is sent to the email address you have configured. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
- 3.Follow the link in the email to rest your password. Please note that this link will expire after a reasonable amount of time. You can get a new link by running again the command above.
- 4.After you have reseted your password, please run 'tailer auth login' to log in again to Tailer Platform and provide the new password.