Comment on page
Move files with Storage to Storage
Learn how to transfer files across storages using the Storage to Storage operation.
A Storage to Storage (STS) data pipeline operation allows you to retrieve files from one source storage, and to run a multiple copy job to one or several destination storages.
- Google Cloud Storage bucket
- Amazon S3 bucket
- SFTP directory
Every time a new file matching the specified rule appears in the source directory, it will be:
- removed from the source directory,
- if options have been set accordingly, copied to an archive directory located in the same storage, inside a folder named as the filename date,
- and transferred to one or more output directories (destinations) located in different storages.
- 2.Create a working folder as you want, and create a JSON file for your data operation inside.
- 4.Access your working folder by running the following command:cd "[path to your working folder]"
- 5.To deploy the data operation, run the following command:tailer deploy configuration your-file.json
- 7.Add a file with the right template in the source folder
- 8.Access your output folder(s), and archive folder, if any, to check the result of the data operation.