Convert XML to CSV
Learn how to convert XML files into CSV files using a Convert XML to CSV data operation.
The Convert XML to CSV data operation allows you to retrieve all the information contained in a possibly complex XML file into a set of CSV files, all located in a Google Cloud Storage bucket. You can later convert your CSV files into database tables using a Storage to Tables data operation.
- XML + XSD file pair(s)
- Multiple TSV (Tab Separated Values) + DDL file pairs
Every time a new file matching the specified XML file name pattern appears in a given directory of a Google Cloud Storage bucket:
- The XML file is checked against the matching XSD file.
- If the XML file is valid, the conversion process is launched.
- A set of CSV files with their matching DDL files (describing their schema) is generated in the working directory.
- The source XML files are deleted from the working directory.
- If set, a filtering occurs at the end of the process to remove unwanted CSV files.
- 2.Create a working folder as you want, and create a JSON file for your data operation inside.
- 3.Place the XSD file in the same location as your JSON file.
- 5.Access your working folder by running the following command:cd "[path to your working folder]"
- 6.To deploy the data operation, run the following command:tailer deploy configuration your-configuration.json
- 8.For your Convert XML to CSV data operation to be executed, you need to place a file into the source folder.
- 9.Access the GCS bucket to check your output files (CSV and DDL files).