Set up Google Cloud Platform
Some features of Tailer Platform rely on Google Cloud Platform's resources, or allow you to manipulate them. Some steps need to be performed as preparation.
Create a dedicated Google Cloud Platform project to use with Tailer Platform. Billing needs to be enabled.
To create a new project:
- 2.In the organization drop-down list at the top of the page, select the organization in which you want to create a project.
- 3.Click Create Project.
- 4.In the New Project window that appears, enter a project name and select a billing account as applicable.
- 5.If you want to add the project to a folder, enter the folder name in the Location box.
- 6.When you're finished entering new project details, click Create.
The following Google Cloud APIs need to be enabled for the project you have created:
- Cloud Functions
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Cloud Resource Manager
To enable an API:
- 2.Click the Enable APIs and Services button.
- 3.Click the API you want to enable. If you need help finding the API, use the search field.
- 4.In the page that displays information about the API, click Enable.
When you enable the Cloud Functions API, a service account is automatically created for your project. It should be named as follows:
You need to grant roles to this service account so that it has permission to complete specific actions on some resources in your Cloud Platform project.
To grant roles to the service account: