Comment on page
Transfer data with GBQ to Firestore
Learn how to transfer a Google BigQuery table contents into Firestore documents.
A GBQ to Firestore data pipeline allows you to transform each row of a BigQuery table into Firestore documents.
GBQ to Firestore is an advanced data pipeline which requires prior knowledge of:
- 1.A tables-to-storage data operation is scheduled, or triggered by an event (for example a tables-to-tables successful run)
- 2.The SQL query you specified in your tables-to-storage data operation is executed to extract the relevant data from BigQuery into a JSON file located in the Google Cloud Storage bucket of your choice
- 3.Then a vm-launcher data operation is triggered to launch a VM on Google Compute Engine to execute the Python script that loads the JSON file into Firestore
- 4.Once the execution is complete, the VM is stopped automatically
- 5.Lastly, you can check the file tree in Firestore and see your data!
You must follow these steps:
The following pages describe how to deploy a first end-to-end GBQ to Firestore data pipeline.